Sunday, April 27, 2014

An awesome day with bees!!

Assembly begins on 30 more frames!

I picked up the bees yesterday. Nothing like the sound of 9 pounds of bees buzzing in your garage.

1 down, 29 more to go!

The packages are installed! The straw I used for winter insulation is all pulled away and ready to go on the garden. The second hive from the left is a split from the farthest hive to the right, I wasn't planning on splitting put when I opened that hive it is just over flowing, so I am trying a split, and it may need it again. I wasn't planning on seven hives, put now I have them I am calling them my lucky seven. I need to order some more hive parts, you can see I had to make do with a bottom board as a outer cover, like I said I wasn't planning on a seventh hive! Good thing there is a bee supply company here in town! All and all an awesome day today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment