Saturday, November 30, 2013

Candle Making

I was gonna try and make candles tomorrow, but I couldn't wait. I'm like a kid with a new toy.
We bought a kit, that had this pouring container, a thermometer, paraffin wax,3 molds and some wicks. I used bees wax instead of the paraffin wax.

Instructions said to melt bees wax to 150 to 160degrees. It was on the stove for more than a hour and never went over 145. I thought I would try it. It always can be re-melted right?

Yes I know I am using store bought bees wax. I just wanted to make sure I was doing right, before I wasted my girls beeswax.

Poured, wicks put in and cooling. I will post more pix when I pull them out of the molds.