Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another beaded butterfly

I started another beaded butterfly. When I first got this bead book, it said to use Japanese beads, that they were the best as far as quality and uniformity. I thought this was just a gimmick to get you to buy more expensive beads. So the wife and I went Joann Fabrics, and Hobby Lobby and I bought some beads, I couldn't find the correct colors so I just winged it.
Boy was I wrong, sure Joann's had the beads 50% off, but they are not uniform in size, you might get a tiny bead next to a large bead, or you might get one where the center hole is not all the way through, or the bead maybe lop sided, you get the picture.
So I got on line and ordered the Japanese beads in the right colors. And you know they were not that much more than the before sale price at the craft store.
They came in the mail the other day, I dumped a few out and right away I could tell, these are a lot better product. Now I restarted my butterfly, and you can see the difference, not to mention I am using the correct colors this time,

No comments:

Post a Comment