Monday, October 21, 2013

Garlic planting time!

I planted some garlic today. I usually plant garlic from bulbs I saved from last year. Well, I never planted any last year. I lost track of time and before I knew it, it was to late. So I had to order all new garlic to plant. I ordered all my garlic from Territorial Seed Company www.territorialseed.com. I don't get paid to endorse this website, so order from whomever you choose. I just thought I would list it in case someone didn't know where to get garlic.
My all time favorite is Music garlic, but this year I am trying some new ones plus the Music garlic. Spanish Roja and Duganski. I can tell you am not impressed by the Spanish Roja, the cloves were very small. Maybe that's just the variety but it seems you would have to use three or four cloves compared to one of another variety when cooking. I planted it any way, we will see what happens. All three varieties are heirlooms. That's all I plant in my garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment