Monday, December 23, 2013

Bees!

Today was sunny and high 40s, low 50s, in between rain. I noticed some homey bees flying around, so I went over to the hives and 3 of the hives, the girls were really flying. That's the good news, the bad news is there are two more hives, one the girls were robbing and the other there was no action what so ever. I opened the one they were robbing and there might be a handful of bees in it. No since in trying to save it this time of year, with no queen they will not survive, so I figured the other hives can just use the stores. The other hive in completely dead. I can't figure out why, that had well over a hundred pounds of food for the winter, they were nice and strong last time I inspected them. All the bees are gone, there may be a dozen dead bees, but there is no sign of any bees. If they all died you would see dead bees everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment