Sunday, December 1, 2013

Candle Making Update

Well my first time making candles was a part success and part failure. The bee skip rubber mold came out awesome, I am giddy with joy, like a kid in a candy store. I don't want to light it being my first one.


One the other hand I am a little disappointed in the votive molds. I didn't use enough wax and the centers are sunken and severely cracked. And I was being cheap and didn't buy a spray can of mold release. I used a little bit of vegetable oil as per the book, put apparently I didn't use enough, because they are stuck in the molds. I read you can put them in the freezer and they will shrink and fall out, so that's where they are now.