I want to Thank this website for the awesome idea of this bee vacuum, once a again it was their idea, I just built it and passed it along.http://robo.bushkillfarms.com/beekeeping/bee-vac.
I started off with 1x2 cut to fit the super.
I ripped a channel down the center to except the screen.
The front was a little tricking I ended up cutting the front piece in half and then ripping it a little bit so the screen can come through the front. Glue and nailed everything.
The website said to use #8 hardware cloth, I could only find 1/4" or 1/2", I picked 1/4" thinking bees use 3/8" in their hives, I doubled it over anyway and made sure the holes were kind of crossed to make them smaller.
I left some hang out for easy pulling.
Here it is on the hive.
Here it is all assembled.
I was getting much suction with it all together. It may not be meant to use this way. But don't forget I am missing weather stripping. The front where the hardware cloth goes in, had a lot of air escaping. I may have made that channel to big. I took the second super off, and used some old fashion duct tape where the hardware cloth goes in and it works fine. I may get some latches and latch the shim on the bottom box and run it that way, then when it comes to the brood comb, I can take the top off add the super for brood and that shim won't move while I add the super.
Just a side view. I hope this helps some body out, when I get to use it, I will update every one. Thanks following along.